we’re back safely after five days and very exhausted. This was certainly the best Canterbury Faire that I’ve had for several years and I have come away quite enthused about next years with lots of plans for campsite upgrades.
Highlights for me:
- the look on Callum and Chretienne’s faces when Sigurd and Tycho presented Callum with the sword
- meeting some excellent new people, e.g. Sir Ives, and getting to know some old acqaintences a lot better e.g. Angel and Redbeard
- stepping down as Arts and Sciences officer and the determination not to accept any new offices for several years at least
- the look on a young ladie’s face after trying on one of my gowns (which she then bought) – I swear she was floating and she seemed to wear it all weekend
- actually enjoying the pirate party
The only poo was that I felt a bit cruddy all weekend and was also quite busy so that I didn’t get any fighting in. By Tuesday this had developed into a proper cold which I still suffer from.
Plans for next year include:
- a proper floor for our pavillion and a broom to sweep it with
- household paraphenalia e.g. banners etc
- a large barrel for our drinking / cooking water
- getting Callum and Chretienne into a decent tent or pavillion e.g. one that doesn’t leak
checkout my web site for pictures in a few days