the pair of red shoes

So I have finally completed the shoes and I am pretty happy with them. I did a lot of the sewing on very hot days which I think affected my code, anyway I lost several boar bristle threads, but managed to complete them with a needle and the coded linen. I failed to trim the seam line sufficiently before turning and as a result the toe did not turn nicely and looks a bit stumpy.

However several things went pretty well, the cream leather top edge looks great and will strengthen the uppers seam, I added in an additional layer of leather at the heel, because I always wear down my heels, and that looks good, and the fit is spot on. They should give me years of wear at events and look good.

Red shoes

Red shoes on.